2 beautiful presented mini pillar candles. Approx 5 x 7cm
Hours of enjoyment
Did you know that these fairtrade candles last for 15 hours each.
A unique and beautiful pattern
Each candle in our collection has been expertly crafted by professional candle-makers in the mountain kingdom of Eswatini, so you can be sure of their exceptional quality. And as they’re handmade, no two candles will be exactly the same.
The artisans shape these candles using the ancient ‘millefiori’ technique, which was perfected in Italy to create the finest glass sculptures. This technique was then translated into use with wax.
“True beauty is inherent and comes from character and strength.” Martha Stewart
Our Buffalo candles certainly are beautiful, ethical and perfect for those who appreciate art. So, make sure to buy one (or more!) if you’d like something special in your home or a charming gift for your loved ones.
As all candles are handmade, please expect some differences in sizing and patterns.
Please place a fireproof dish under all candles.
Small: approx. 7 cm high and 5 cm in length.
Burn time: approx. 15 hours
To get the best out of your Buffalo Candle, please read the directions before use
– Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch (0.6 cm).
– Remove all packaging before use and place your lovely candle in a suitable container capable of containing any wax spillage.
– Although the candle is generally self-contained, we advise using a heat-resistant coaster or similar.
– Burn your candle away from drafts and for no more than a couple of hours at a time (this prevents the hard outer wax from melting).
– Extinguish your candle with a snuffer or the back of a metal spoon. Take care not to damage the wick.
– Pour off any molten wax, if necessary, to enhance the flame.
– Lean back, relax and enjoy! 😊
How these candles are made
The wax is coloured by mixing pigments with hot wax, which is then poured into flat sheets.
Sheets are marked, cut and then carefully layered according to the chosen design.
The resulting slabs are compressed, extruded and re-extruded and then sliced into thin veneers.
These veneers are then taken by the candle makers and skilfully stretched over a core of pure white wax and hand made into the desired shapes.