Intricately designed Fair trade Gecko / lizard patterned candles.
Mini Cube: Approx. 5.5cm x 5.5cm Burn time : approx. 12 hours
Mini pillar: Approx. 5.5 x 6cm Burn time: approx. 15 hours
9cm Pillar Approx. 9cm x 9cm Burn time: Approx. 45 hours (although re-useable if a tea light is used)
Each candle is made from two types of wax with the external patterned wax being extremely hard. This means that as the candle burns down the middle you get a beautiful glow through the pattern. As the outer wax is so hard it holds its shape (with the 9cm pillar) and you can re-use the candle by putting a tea light or small candle inside!
Each candle in this collection has been handmade by expert candle-makers in the mountain Kingdom of Swaziland. The artisans create the candles using the ancient technique of ‘millifiore’, which was a skill perfected in Italy to create the finest glass sculptures and has been translated into use with wax. The candles are beautiful, useful and ethical and are made using high grade paraffin that is long lasting. They are also vegan and unscented.
The wax is colored by mixing pigments with hot wax which is then poured into flat sheets. Sheets are marked and cut and carefully layered according to the design. The resulting slabs are compressed, extruded and re-extruded and then sliced into thin veneers. These veneers are then taken by the candle makers and skillfully stretched over a core of pure white wax and hand made into the desired shapes. See my listings for other amazing candles!
Directions for use
To get the best out of your candle please read the directions before use.
– Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch.
– Remove all packaging before use and place candle in a suitable container capable of containing any wax spillage. Although the candle is generally self contained a heat resistant coaster or similar is advised.
– Burn candle away from drafts and for no more than a couple of hours at a time (this prevents the hard outer wax from melting)
– Extinguish candle with snuffer or back of metal spoon taking care not to damage wick.
– Pour off molten wax if necessary to enhance flame.