The artists and craftsmen produce unique candle designs which are renowned throughout the world. Their philosophy is to create unique handmade candles of exceptional quality in a happy working environment. Today the candles are world famous, and each is still made and finished by hand and no two are the same!
Height: 9 cm’s
Width: 10.5 cm’s
Burn time of approximately 14 hours
Please note that these are handmade – so expect small differences in pattern and size
About Swazi Candles
Swazi Candles was started in an old cowshed of a former dairy in 1982 by 2 South African art graduates. The little workshop soon gained a reputation for producing unique candles and started attracting visitors. The vibrancy of the workshop, uniqueness of the product and the skill of the artisans resulted in Swazi Candles becoming one of Swaziland’s premier tourist attractions.
They are also one of the founding members of SWIFT (Swaziland Fair Trade Association).
The wax is coloured by mixing pigments with hot wax which is then poured into flat sheets. Sheets are marked and cut and carefully layered according to the design. The resulting slabs are compressed, extruded and re-extruded and then sliced into thin veneers. These veneers are then taken by the candle makers and skillfully stretched over a core of pure white wax and hand-made into the desired shapes. See my listings for other amazing candles!
Directions for use
To get the best out of your candle please read the directions before use.
– Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch.
– Remove all packaging before use and place the candle in a suitable container capable of containing any wax spillage. Although the candle is generally self-contained a heat-resistant coaster or similar is advised.
– Burn the candle away from drafts and for no more than a couple of hours at a time (this prevents the hard outer wax from melting)
– Extinguish candle with snuffer or back of metal spoon taking care not to damage wick.
– Pour off molten wax if necessary to enhance flame.