Recycled Glass Tumblers
- The perfect gift for art lovers – featuring an image of The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dalí
- Capacity: 500 ml.
- Dimensions: 15 x 7.3 cm. Weight: 302 grams.
- Each glass purchased generates employment, reuses bottles that would otherwise go to landfill, and contributes to good causes. Bottles are collected from the streets and sold to a recycling centre. The recycling centre sorts and washes the bottles. Each bottle is cut by hand. The edges are polished and melted to create a smooth safe finish. The glass has the design applied then heat is applied to seal the paint. The colour of the glass may vary slightly depending on the tone of the bottle.
- Compostable plastic-free packaging
- Handwash only, do not put in a dishwasher (the chemicals in some detergents can remove the paint).
- Handmade in Chile
About The Persistence of Memory
The Persistence of Memory, (1931) is one of the most iconic and recognizable paintings of Surrealism. Frequently referenced in popular culture, the small canvas is sometimes known as “Melting Clocks”, “The Soft Watches” and “The Melting Watches”. The painting depicts a dreamworld in which common objects are deformed and displayed in a bizarre and irrational way: watches, solid and hard objects appear to be inexplicably limp and melting in the desolate landscape. Dalí paints his fantastical vision in a meticulous and realistic manner: he effortlessly integrates the real and the imaginary in order “to systemize confusion and thus to help discredit completely the world of reality”.
About the supplier
B Corp Certified – Green Glass is all about saving the world one recycled bottle at a time. Bottles are collected from the trash, washed, and transformed into cool upcycled products such as drinking glasses and wine glasses. Green Glass’s goal is trying to save as many bottles as possible, and spread the anti-garbage pro-recycling message all over the world. Green Glass gives a toast to a cool, eco-friendly, conscious world. They pursue a society that respects everyone in the environment, people, animals, plants, and the earth itself. As a group of cool human beings, Green Glass recycles by example. They aim to make the world a better place by taking action and making sustainability a priority.